Followers

Friday, March 21, 2008

TUNDE

I met him a coupla years ago wen i was 16.
He was an nda student then and i guess he was probably 18 or 20.
I met him thru his frend moses in my mother's shop.
Moses was trying to ask me out or rather I knew he liked me but didnt give him the time of day but Tunde on the other hand was just freindly from the onset and didnt even hint at anything between us.
Ienjoyed his company and he was a very funny person. by the time he asked me out I had began to fall for him.

I cudnt be with him because I was still quite young in ss3 then and my mom wudnt even stand for that. I had to tell him in a subtle way.
He didnt get me or he didnt want to. He insisted that if I wanted to be with him we cud work it out.

I was out one day talking wiv him trying to convince him to just let go let flow when I heard my name being called, it was my dad! It was 11 0 clock at night.I was in trouble.
I quickly walked away towards my dad and he asked
' What were u still doin out and with whom?"
" He was looking for change and I told him I didnt have"-that was me. wat change? out of the blues? am a trader? am such a stupid liar! lol. I was totally shaking thinking he would just slap me or something but i should have known better that my dad would never raise a finger to any of us only my mum would( I still love u mum).

He said" Zara dont lie to me, I saw you, go into my room"
I went into his room and he sits me down to advise me about the ills of boys and all that and when it was my time nobody would monitor me. and he told me he wouldnt tell my mom. such relief!
"thank you daddy" Isay and alk away.

the next day i see Tunde but i refuse to talk to him he tries to apologise for keeping me out and getting me into trouble i refused to listen, he walks away and that was the last i ever saw of him, or any of them, including his friends.
I dont know if they ever graduated from nda, if they did they probably are officers now or lieutenant colonels or something i dont know.

but sometimes I wonder what it would be like to see them again.

3 comments:

SOLOMONSYDELLE said...

wow, is this my first time here? Anyway, that wa a nice post. I am sure that you could find him or find out about him, if you wanted to. No one is too hard to find in Nigeria.

Take care!


NIGERIAN CURIOSITY
IT WAS SO MUCH EASIER WHEN I ONLY HAD ONE...

SOLOMONSYDELLE said...

okay, scratch that. It's not my first time here, but it is indeed your first post of the year. Well, welcome back!


NIGERIAN CURIOSITY
IT WAS SO MUCH EASIER WHEN I ONLY HAD ONE...

zara (my alter ego) said...

lol yup, its not ur first time.. thanx for coming back even after such a longtime of not putting nothing up.. yeah its not so difficult finding people especially if u want to.. but do u want to is the question? am still trying to answer that.